2019 sees Bodmin Airfield joining the Airfield Operator’s Group (AOG) Flyball Challenge and CFC members are invited to take part.
Here’s a report from the inaugural 2016 event
Bodmin Airfield’s participation means:
- £10 entry fee for competitors starting at Bodmin, paid at Bodmin.
- Visiting aircraft will obtain PPR where necessary.
- Observe standard arrival and circuit procedures.
- Non resident Landing Pilots pay a landing fee
- Sign in at the C.
- Pilots will have a route sheet that needs to be signed by the ops person.
- Pilots will take a ball from a box of flyballs (provided), tip; “pick the ball with the highest No of points on it”.
- Aircraft will depart standard departure procedures
AOG Member airfields on the perimeter need not be at a disadvantage having a high probability of collecting high scores at remote airfields. The event lasts 6 hours and terminates at Popham Airfield where we hope to provide a BBQ in the hot summers evening. Camping also available if you wish to stay overnight.
Everyone is of course invited to the finish and Prize giving planned for approximately 17:00 at Popham Airfield.